CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The Sr Network Analyst is part of the CenturyLink Global Operations Center Organization specializing in Data Center Network, Firewall and Application Distribution. Responsibilities include design, standards validation, technical documentation, training, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Achieve Time to Repair Targets
- Increase Client Loyalty
- Work on special projects to complete integrations and achieve increased efficiency
- Provide Tier 3 escalation support for CenturyLink Operations Center
- Work independently and or engage team members
- Perform hands-on configuration and troubleshooting of networking and network security components
- Respond swiftly within committed SLA time to onsite network troubleshooting requests issued
- Perform daily network health check monitoring and routine network preventive maintenance
- Creation and initial analysis of problem records to reduce incidents and improve quality of service
- Network protocols and understanding of data communications in an Enterprise/Service Provider business environment
- WAN and LAN experience of various types (eg MPLS, Ethernet, ATM)
- Experience with Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and Load Balancers is required (two or more).
- Local to Wide Area network connections
- Strong understanding on internetworking technologies likes VLAN, STP, and Routing Protocol (BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF).
- Working knowledge in Internetworking protocols like HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS etc
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and infrastructure at conceptual level
- Strong troubleshooting and problem analytical skills
- Must have excellent teambuilding and communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organizational skills
- Motivated to contribute and do what it takes to get things done
- Cisco Switches and Routers (6509, 7609, 3750, Nexus 7k, Nexus 5k)
- Juniper Switches and Routers (EX-4200/3200, J4350, etc)
- F5 Load Balancers
- Cisco ACE Load balancers
- A10 Networks Load balancers
- Cisco ASA/PIX firewalls, or any other Firewall platform (Checkpoint, etc)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience as a Network Engineer
- Four years college degree or equivalent experience
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition # : 122817
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.