If you are a Java Developer that wants to work on the front line of some of the biggest issues facing global markets leaders today, developing proprietary solutions using the latest technology, then apply here.
Working with investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, and commodity firms, you can help drive transformation and lead change as our client develops innovative solutions.
In this role you will design and develop technology based business solutions for clients in the financial services and trading industries. You will actively support the development, and drive quality assurance during design and realization of the solution.
- Hands-on delivery of complex functionality as per functional and non-functional requirements.
- Lead or support design, estimation and planning tasks for the solution using technical and functional expertise.
- Work with project leadership and clients to establish, enforce and monitor steps of completion for various types of activities that are completed during Development and Maintenance phases of a project for quality of delivery.
- Work with leadership and/or architects and clients to establish and enforce technology standards, best practices and approaches.
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues on projects.
- Drives setup of the different environments (development, testing, staging, production etc).
- May be required to support and enhance existing client applications.
For this role you should have at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field. You should have significant hands-on experience in solution design, architectural analysis and development of financial system (trading/risk/compliance system or related) and able to leverage advanced Java skills like Multi-Threading, Serialization, RMI, Sockets, JDBC, NIO, Cloning, Annotations. You should have at least 5 years experience but we will take candidates all the way up to Team Lead level given that we have multiple roles at all levels.
You should be proficient in object-orientated design and data structures and have experience working in a fast-paced agile software development environment.
Ideally you will have experience in using TDD for development and writes units tests leveraging frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, JMock etc. for extensive unit-testing. You should also have experience developing applications using Spring, ORM frameworks like Hibernate, iBatis, JDO, JPA.
Finally you should have a good understanding of financial and energy trading markets, especially front, mid or Back Office within at least one asset class or product type.