Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L'Oréal and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide range of administrative support functions requiring the highest levels of accountability and confidentiality to effectively represent Senior Executives. This position acts as a liaison both internally and externally by proactively providing support to help manager the effectiveness to Senior Executives.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Senior Executive including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Senior Executive, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Provides a platform for smooth communication between the Senior Executive and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Insures staff members adhere to established policies, procedures and controls within compliance and the objectives and guidelines of division
- Plans and executes on-site and off-site meetings including all research and applicable reservations, travel, hotel, rental cars
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Senior Executives, some of which may have organizational impact
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Prepares responses to mail of a routine nature for review and signature of appropriate personnel. Devising and submitting documents/memo's for review and signature, making copies as needed and handles mailing or distribution
- Provide other assistance as needed, including research and presentation (via PPT or Word) preparation
- Greets visitors and responds to calls, providing information and making appointments, or referring to others
- Handles private and sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Manages designated special projects for Leadership Team
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum Education/Certification: High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Required Knowledge: Experience with the Microsoft Office environment, web-based software (webinar production), and SharePoint. Proficient with databases and MS Excel. Perform filtering and sorting of data; experience with Pivot tables, V-Lookup and other functions.
- Experience Requirements: Five years clerical/administrative support experience with senior level staff. At least 2 years at the Executive Admin level preferred. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior level management and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Proven ability to successfully prioritize and provide accurate follow up on all issues and correspondence.
- Skill Requirements: Required Skills: Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response. Expert level written and verbal communication skills. PC proficiency with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Preferred Requirements: Results-oriented ability to take initiative. Self-directed and adaptable under pressure. Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
High Point NC, United States of America
3/20/2017 5:28:10 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.