Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L'Oréal and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
Ensure quality processes and quality production releases of new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications for clients. Oversee QA methodology and resource availability on multiple projects in multiple application areas. Function as the test lead on project development teams and independently for application modifications and support. Ensure tasks are completed on a timely basis and conform to specifications/processes and standardized best practices.
- Provide QA and Project Management leadership for individual, or across multiple, project teams, within and across functional groups.
- Oversee QA testing scheduling, planning, status reporting and defect tracking for IT applications.
- Define the scope of testing needed for applications and create required documentation. Generate time and cost estimates.
- Review and approve test documentation.
- Coordinate and/or direct QA resources in testing efforts across multiple projects or applications. Perform QA testing per the test documentation including regression testing, system testing, white box/black box testing.
- Mentor, train and coach other QA team members in all aspects of company and QA testing practices. Establish and maintain a QA center of excellence.
- Oversee, and perform as needed, software and process reviews and testing of tools development (automated test scripts).
- Participate in the review and analysis of business requirements, functional specification and design documents.
- Participate in the design and testing of solutions for new applications and enhancements or modification to existing applications.
- Support business users during the execution of user acceptance testing.
- Develop implementation schedules for deployment and coordinate production deploys as the test lead on the development team.
- Collaborate with project team members on development and customer issues. Lead the effort to ensure appropriate testing.
- Define, implement, and enforce QA testing methodologies, standards, and practices in all application areas. Define and gather testing metrics.
- Provide system and applications support to users including troubleshooting and issue resolution. Ensure fixes and changes are adequately tested.
- Provide input into management responsibilities such as reviews, issue conflict, and organizational process and procedures.
- Participate in project post-mortem facilitation.
- Provide input on IT tools, application upgrades, and architectural design.
- Provide on-call rotational support of applications.
- Actively participate in continuous process improvement efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, or technical area generally required. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training and experience.
- 8+ years' experience in IT solutions development, testing execution and methodology, and black/white box testing preferably in medium to large systems environments using EDI driven applications. Logistics and/or transportation management, business analysis, and customer relations experience is desired. A background in Financing/Invoicing/Pricing applications and SOX compliance is highly desired.
- 2+ years' experience leading or managing a small QA team, acting as their champion in challenging situations.
- Hands-on Selenium experience and demonstrated robust advocacy of project automation throughout organization.
- Must have enough experience in performance testing to act as lead performance test engineer as needed for a project.
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously within large enterprise organizations.
- Ideally, system and application knowledge of UNIX, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, C, C++, HTML, AngularJS, NetSuite, HP QC, JIRA, Shell Scripting and Microsoft-suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in customer settings and with internal management. Excellent active listening, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Detailed knowledge of QA testing methodologies, concepts, processes, and documentation.
- In-depth understanding of IT software development life cycle.
- Excellent time, project management and prioritization skills.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, logistics planning, scheduling concepts, and general transportation management.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and leadership skills including experience managing customer expectations.
- Ability to learn, understand and mentor others in the functionality of multiple logistics-related systems.
- Ability to deliver specific solutions to general requirements under tight timeline and budget constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with senior business and client contacts including ability to deliver unpopular messages.
- Ability to establish solid business relationships and work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Effective communication skills to articulate business needs to technical people as well as to communicate and simplify complex technical information for non-technical people.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Portland OR, United States of America
3/20/2017 5:28:11 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.