Note: There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Company will only consider candidates who are local to the Tampa Bay, Florida area and candidates who are willing to pay for their relocation.
The Advisory Systems Engineer (Oracle DBA) is responsible for supporting very large and complex databases including the organization, installation and assessment of enterprise database management system software across multiple database environments. Systems are based on Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, MS SQL Server and Vertica hosted on Unix/Linux platforms. Activities require the use of ISO9000 guidelines and specific DBA Homeroom best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
The Oracle Database Administrator manages all aspects of developmental, system test and production cycles of Oracle databases as well as:
- Participates in generating and responding to RFP s
- Evaluates data administration impacting technologies such as SAN, NAS and backup storage
- Provides hands-on training to entry level and junior DBA.
- Organizes, installs, and assesses enterprise relational database management system (RDBMS) software across multiple database environments.
- Troubleshoots Oracle RDBMS running on Unix platforms while complying with ISO9000 guidelines and specific DBA Homeroom best practices.
- 5+ years as a Database Administrator
- Hands on experience with Oracle RAC with ASM on Unix/Linux platform
- Significant experience with Data Guard
- Any experience as an SQL Server DBA would be a plus
- Experience with GoldenGate would be a plus
- Bachelor or graduate degree in field of computer science or engineering discipline.
- Strong understanding of Oracle tools
- Knowledge of working in Unix/Linux environment
- Proficiency in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) is a plus
- Ability to modify database programs to increase processing performance, database tuning
Tampa Florida, United States of America
$85K to $100K
2/21/2017 8:01:17 AM
About PF1Professional Services, Inc.
What We DoPF1 is in its 22nd year of introducing career advancement opportunities to Information Technology professionals. Our Jobs Database contains contract and regular-full-time positions from the...
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.